Saturday, April 4, 2009

Shredded Beef Sandwiches

So dang easy!

3 lbs. beef chuck roast
1/2 large onion, chopped
1/4 cup vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced (I used more)
1-1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Place meat in slow cooker. Top with onions. Combine vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Pour over meat. Cover. Cook on low 8-10 hours or high 5-6 hours. Shred meat (you can drain the broth to save for dipping, or shred the meat and combine it with the broth--I like it combined because it keeps the meat moist).

I usually add bbq sauce to it after I shred it, and then pile it on top of buns sandwich-style. That's Geoff's favorite way--it's a Texas thing. I think it still makes good sandwiches without the bbq sauce too--it's just a little plain.

Original recipe is from "Fix-It-and-Forget-It-Entertaining"

2 comments:

Annette B said...

sitting in airport lounge...now officially VERY hungry! and my little flatbread sandwich waiting in my carry-on, isn't going to cut it, after that recipe!

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

sounds so good Becca. I need to get me a slow cooker before next fall!