Thursday, October 2, 2008

Garlic Chicken from Memory

I apologize but I can't find my recipe and its been about 2 years since I've made this dish...so amounts are approximate...

1 large roasting chicken
Garlic - chopped (how much depends on how much you like garlic...I would say...a minimum of 6 cloves...but I think I've used 12)
Rosemary - to taste but probably about 5 sprigs?
Olive Oil (or canola if you'd rather)
1 lemon
1 onion

In a bowl mix the chopped garlic with 2 (?) sprigs of rosemary (chopped finely) and the olive (or canola oil). Thoroughly coat the outside of the chicken with the mixture (so use however much olive oil you need to coat the chicken well). Wrap the chicken in saran wrap..let it sit for at least 2 hours but up to 24 hours. Unwrap. Cut the lemon and onion into quarters and stuff them inside the chicken...also place a couple sprigs of rosemary in the cavity.

Roast the chicken...I think I roast at 375...but roast it at whatever temperature you normally roast chicken.

Serve with small potatos or rice (we like rice)

1 comment:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

I love roast chicken for Sunday dinner - I always roast two and freeze the leftovers for chicken pot pie and stuff. All those recipes that call for a rotisserie chicken, I just pull my roast chicken leftovers out of the freezer.
Can't wait to try it!