Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Pesto Chicken Sandwiches

I made these last night and they were really tasty. The kids even liked them and it's a fast dinner if you broil them open face in the oven.

Pesto Chicken Sandwiches

1 package mushrooms, sliced
2 chicken Breasts, sliced
1 onion, sliced
White Bread or Ciabatta Bread
Mozzarella cheese
Pesto Sauce (I just bought mine, but you could make it)

Cook chicken, onions and mushrooms together until done. Spread pesto on each slice of bread. Place mozzarella cheese and chicken mixture on bread then grill in a panini grill or like grilled cheese or broil open face in oven until cheese is melted and golden brown. Enjoy!

I ended up broiling them because the ciabatta bread I bought was full of holes and I didn't know how else to make it sort of work. Plus that went much faster than cooking them in a pan one or two at a time. I had the last minute thought that tomatoes would be a nice addition to this sandwich so I got some from the garden and it was very yummy.

1 comment:

Jennie @ Porch Swing Quilts said...

Yay - someone other than me posted! Thanks Jen. I can't wait to try it.