Monday, May 25, 2009

Strawberry Spinach Salad



I love that it feels like summer and I get to make this salad again! I didn't used to like pairing fruit with my greens and realize others out there might feel the same. How glad I am that I kept tasting them at church functions, restaurants, and dinners with friends because I sure love it now! This is the one I make most often:

spinach
strawberries, sliced thin
sweet yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
pecan halves, I like to roast them with sugar first

I've added grilled chicken to this salad before too for a light, main-dish, summer supper. Yum.

Dressing:

½ Cup sliced fresh strawberries

1 Tbsp sugar

1 Tbsp raspberry vinegar (last time I used a pomegranate balsamic vinegar which was very good too)

1/3 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt

¾ tsp poppy seeds, optional

 

In blender, puree ½ cup strawberries till smooth. Add sugar and vinegar; blend well. Blend in yogurt. Stir in poppy seeds. Refrigerate until serving time. 


No comments: